Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Happy Day!

Sometimes when you're down, you just want to be left alone to sulk and immerse yourself in it until you're over it, but more often than not it just aggravates that feeling instead of making it go away. The best remedy, I think, would be to look back at the blessings you've recently received and see that there is more reason to celebrate than sulk! Take a deep breath, and do a countdown of list down these blessings - they can be small, like getting a chocolate chip cookie from your friend during lunch, or big like a promotion at work or a long, heartwarming call from a long-lost friend! Here are my blessings and some things that made me smile:

1. 3 out of 4 of my submissions to Threadless got through! Whoop whoop! And now you have the opportunity to vote for it so it would get printed hehehe. I would be so happy if you give them all a $5! :D Thanks in advance!

Click here to score "Nature <3 Bikes"

Click here to score "Breakdancing Earth"

Click here to score "The World Wants You to be Awesome" 

2. We have a new pope! I have been reading articles on Pope Francis and I liked what I found, one of them being the fact that he has a master's degree in Chemistry (a man after my own heart? haha). May God continue to guide him in shepherding the Church and hopefully he'll leave a great legacy behind. In all seriousness though, he's what we need -a humble yet wise man who cares about the poor and truly tries to live as Christ lived. Habemus Papam! (The pope, formerly known as Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina, chose the name "Francis" in honor of St. Francis of Assisi)




3. Pretty nails inspired by Spring colors! I'm not too keen on nail art that are too elaborate, trendy or head-scratchingly weird like DUCK FEET NAILS:

NONONONONONONO!

Good thing I found some nice tutorials online for Spring-inspired nails to cleanse your mind from the image above:




4. Terrariums! Twigterrariums.com makes cheeky ones like this:


and this one from cupcakesclothes.com is just adorable with the red cap mushrooms and paper flowers

If I ever get around to making one, I will make sure that it's pretty enough for my fox figurine :)

5. My outfit:

worn with these earrings:


So, what made you smile today? :)

<3,



1 comment:

  1. I love the Nature <3 Bikes design, good job! I think it's really pretty. Too bad, though, that I can't ride one haha.

    I get so attracted well done nail art but I am so lazy to do it myself and I don't want to spend money to have it done at a nail salon haha.

    Btw, I nominated you for the Liebster Award on my latest post. It's a sort of slam book thing that we used to do with questions and tagging (like our LJ days haha).

    ReplyDelete