Thursday, March 7, 2013

Beauty Review: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balmstain


I bought my first one on a whim, on the off chance that it will provide color without drying out my easily-chapped lips. It turned out to be one of my best makeup finds ever. When layered on plain lip balm like EOS, it lasts for hours, keeping your lips moisturized and tinted. Double win!



Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balmstain collection has a total of 12 colors, and one is sure to tickle your fancy. My first purchase was Sweetheart, a hot pink tint perfect for Spring/Summer. I wore it a lot during my recent trip to the Philippines, most notably when I layered it with a nude pink lipstick during my cousin's wedding. It has a really strong color so be careful with your application, unless that is the effect you want ;)


I bought the other two just recently, when CVS had their "Buy One, Get One 50% Off" offer, and I switch between them depending on my mood or mix them up when I want a more subtle red tint. Adore, with its orangey-red tint, is more suited for warm tones, while Honey is a mauve pink color and perfect for everyday use. Application is easy and fast, like coloring in your lips with a crayon (just be careful not to color outside the lines hehehe), and you simply twist the bottom to expose more product. Here's what they each look like on me (side note: my lips are not too pigmented, so this might not look the same on hyperpigmented lips):

Left to right: Honey, Sweetheart, Adore
4.5 out of 5 for this product from me <3 <3 <3 <3 <

<3,


4 comments:

  1. I have this in Sweetheart too! I like the surprising minty feel haha. I think it looks great but my mom always makes a face and says it's "too fuschia" for me (way to crush my experimental spirit mom) so I never wear it when I'm with her.

    By the way man I tagged you for The Liebster Award, it’s like a virtual chain letter/slam book haha. I hope you fill it out when you have time! http://eulasleeps.blogspot.com/2013/03/discovering-new-blogs-through-liebster.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love these things, I will be abusing the two pink shades once Spring really hits. Haha I hope your mom doesn't read your comment or she'll know you were not abiding by her "don't wear that color!" rule. Oh, and thanks for tagging me :D

      Delete
  2. all of the shades looks amazing on you! i own 6 of these and i absolutely love them all :)

    My Blog: Caught in a Daze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Heehee I would love to own more, I will try to catch them when they're on sale again ;)

      Delete