Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Winner Wednesday

Sorry for neglecting you for so long, my little corner of the world wide web! To satiate your appetite for updates, I will post two recipes of food I've recently prepped for my friends :) Here's one of them.
 
TERIYAKI SALMON WITH ZUCCHINI
 
I lovelovelove this recipe, it has the right amount of vegetables, grains and protein. It is a little on the sweet side though, so if you are watching your sugar intake you might want to find another recipe. It's very n00b cook-friendly that even if you don't regularly cook (like me), it would be hard to mess this up. I cooked for approx. 10 people (I got a large slab of fresh salmon from Costco) and adjusted the recipe accordingly.
 
Recipe from health.com

Ingredients
  • Low-sodium teriyaki sauce
  • 2 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
  • Sesame seeds
  • 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
  • 4 scallions, chopped
  • Canola oil
Preparation

Combine 5 tablespoons teriyaki sauce and fish in a zip-top plastic bag. Seal and marinate 20 minutes.

I used a baking pan since it was a large amount of fish!
Toast sesame seeds in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, and set aside. Drain fish, discarding marinade. Add fish to skillet, and cook 5 minutes.


Turn and cook for 5 more minutes over medium-low heat. Remove from skillet, and keep warm. Add the zucchini, scallions, and 2 teaspoons oil to skillet. Sauté 4 minutes, or until lightly browned. Stir in 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, and serve with salmon.


*side note*
-use really low fire because the sauce gets burnt really easily. I learned that along the way haha. Better to cook slowly and evenly than fast and charcoal-y, right?


 Happy cooking!
 
<3,
 



No comments:

Post a Comment