Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Un"sexy" But Cool Halloween Costume Ideas

I don't know where it stemmed from, but I've always been anti-super short skirts, or anything that shows too much skin. I don't like the constant tugging down or having to think about every movement you make (especially when sitting down, ugh!), which is why as much as I love skirts I make sure that they are a nice length and wear black cycling shorts too. Anyway ladies, here are my suggestions if you're looking for Halloween costumes that are still work appropriate and draw cool points from geeky/nostalgic people like moi.

(Raise your hands if you get slightly annoyed at all the "sexy" costumes the media pushes on us. We don't need those to look nice! Are they even comfortable since most of them are made of spandex?)


Carmen Sandiego - perfect for the cold weather!




April from TMNT

The ever-classy Morticia Addams

Lorraine McFly from Back to the Future

Jennifer from Back to the Future

Janine Melnitz from Ghostbusters

Daria

Dee Dee

Helga/Phoebe/Rhonda from Hey Arnold! (love that show!!!)
Valerie Frizzle from The Magic Schoolbus

Pepper Ann


Eliza Thornberry from The Wild Thornberries

Sorry it turned into a 90s cartoons nostalgia-fest (well, I'm not really THAT sorry, and I believe neither are you. I wonder where I can watch some episodes of these?), but let me end with an awesome costume idea for boys (aka the cutest thing ever!)

Tintin!



'Til next Halloween, my lovely readers!

<3,


No comments:

Post a Comment