Wednesday, October 10, 2012

hitRECord

Just stumbled upon a new site - hitRECord, which encourages artists from all over the world to collaborate on projects and make awesome and original videos. I think I spent hours just going through them, and actually was able to make a text record based on their 10minute challenge (where they give you a word, which for this challenge was "repeat",
and you write continuously for 10minutes). I'm pretty proud of it, and it was very apt for me as I am going through an artistic rut. As a fellow contributor said, hitRECord is a procrastinator's nightmare. My username is juliebee, and here's my first textrecord:


On Procrastination

Repeat after me: Stop procrastinating. Start doing. Nothing happens if you procrastinate, you just end up wasting your time, you end up doing nothing at all. You end up more frustrated than before because whatever you need to do still needs to be done, and now you have lesser time to do it. Want to be a blogger? Set aside time for blogging. A photographer? Take pictures, for crying out loud, look at websites for inspiration, don't let your camera gather dust in a corner! A writer? Get your pen and jot down your thoughts, interesting or not, they might be the next blockbuster movie for all we know. Don't listen to your pathetic excuses, they are just roadblocks. You hold the key to your future. Not anyone else, just YOU. Start doing. Stop mumbling. I REPEAT. DO. JUST DO. No excuses. No bumbling, no head-scratching, no filler activities that won't amount to anything. Make the most out of the time you have. Take control of your situation. Count how many times I mentioned the word YOU. Why does it matter? Because YOU create YOUR future. I know I'm repeating myself again, but until you remember that, until that is ingrained in you, you will never stop procrastinating, you will never get things done, you will never amount to anything other than a mediocre person who whines about how life sucks. Because YOU have been given all the abilities to be what you want to be. It's all a matter of harvesting those abilities and nurturing them. So I REPEAT. Stop procrastinating. Go. Go after it. Go after your dreams before it is too late. Go, go, go!


==

What do I dream of becoming? Sometimes I wish I had just one aspiration instead of a jumble of them, all enticing possibilities that have yet to come to fruition. Currently I'm dabbling in fashion blogging, but as you can see I've only created a few blog posts (not to excuse myself, but then it's hard to dress up if you're boxed into wearing jeans everyday since it's such a casual dress code from where I work), plus I'm doing Threadless stuff on the side and also trying my hand on online selling (which stemmed from my love of bargain shopping). Ugh, so many things to do, so little time! But at least I have stopped dawdling and focused my energies on actually DOING, so self high-five for me! How about you, what do you really want to do right now? God blessed you with magnificent talents only you have. Yes, people have similar talents, but the combination of them is uniquely YOU. Find your niche. Try out things, eliminate ones that you end up not liking or think that you can't really do in spite of liking it so you can make room for the things you're better at. Prune, prune, prune. But in the end, just remember to DO. Ok? Ok :)

<3 and a ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment