Monday, September 10, 2012

Roaring Twenties

What I wore for my church group's USA conference saturday night party in LA. Sticking to the Great Gatsby/flapper theme, I borrowed a dress from my aunt that had a sequin and bead-sprinkled top part and a nice drop-waist silk bottom with sash. The feather fascinator was made by my lovely cousin Eliza from jewelboxballerina.com/ (check out her site!) while my shoes were an awesome steal at DSW (the Clearance section is one of my bffs! I scored these suede beauties for $30). I wish I could post more pictures but these were the only ones that I was able to get from my friend. My hair, cumbersome as it is, refused to be pinned into a more appropriate style (I tried to follow Lauren Conrad's flapper hair tutorial) and thus became more 40's than 20's. It was a fun style though, and I'm planning on rehashing it come Fall/Winter. All in all a lovely night, as can be glimpsed through my tired but happy face :)


 The banner I made for our sector (Northeastern USA), which is supposed to reflect the theme "Proclaim the Greatness of God." I conceptualized and made this on the day before the start of the conference. Phew, I've never dwelt on an art project in a looong time! Made with felt, felt, hot glue, and more felt! (Plus lots of patience and burns from the glue gun)



Me and my lovely sisters :)

I loved the beading of the gown, very chic!


<3,

No comments:

Post a Comment