Thursday, November 29, 2012

Love Songs

Preoccupied with love songs lately. Must be due to the fact that I'll be seeing him in less than a month.

For me, a good love song:
-makes my heart aspire to be a gymnast and do tiny somersaults
-makes me press the repeat button because I can't get enough of it (although if I am going through a difficult time and it's a depressing song, I would listen to it once and move on to other, less unhappy songs. Or maybe just skip it altogether like I do to Adele songs. I love her voice, but goodness is she overplayed. Except for Skyfall, which I love because of the movie, which is superb, by the way!)
-has to be well-written
-has to be guitar or piano-driven
-is soulful

Examples:

Death Cab For Cutie - I Will Possess Your Heart




Boyce Avenue - Slide by the Goo Goo Dolls

Mumford and Sons - Lover of the Light

Grace Potter and the Nocturnals - Stars

Dashboard Confessionals - Stolen

Jason Mraz - I Won't Give Up

The Temper Trap - Sweet Disposition

Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars

Muse - Starlight

Taylor Swift and The Civil Wars - Safe and Sound

Coldplay - Yellow

The Temper Trap - Love Lost

Kings of Leon - Use Somebody



<3, <3 and <3,

No comments:

Post a Comment